Download: XChat 2.8.5
XChat is an IRC chat program for both Linux and Windows. It allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.
Here is the changelog:
* The userlist and treeview can now be placed on the same side, with a resize handle in between them. They can also be dragged and dropped into place.
* The resize handles between two panes are now smaller (3 pixels) and invisible.
* Scrollbars are now placed inside the frame they scroll (more Windows like).
* If you have a tree on one side and userlist on the other, they'll both now have a resize handle, previously the tree's size was fixed.
* The userlist can be hidden and shown with CTRL+F7.
* Added a feature that reloads conversations from last time you used XChat (/set text_replay 0 to disable it).
* /MENU now supports a $CHAN root aswell (see plugin20.html).
* Fixed a problem some people were having with minimize to tray (the feature added in 2.8.3e).
* Fixed /LastLog printing everything twice if you had Indented Nicks off.
* Added /set gui_tweaks for GUI fine tunning.
* A better quit dialog which warns you if you're connected to IRC or have active file transfers.
* The Channel List's minimum users spin-button can now be set downward even on networks that sent a list of channels of only a larger size. In this case the Download button will flash to indicate you need to download a new list.
* Fixed bug:  Doesn't recognize nicks with halfop mode on hovering.