That is what I call good news in the end of the week :D
Finally, Beryl 0.2 is here. This is the second stable version.
Check you repository for it.
Beryl 0.2.0 is a complete overhaul of Beryl. The last stable release 0.1, featured a very fun, and eye-candy based compositing window manager. However, since it’s release, many parts of beryl have been rewritten, replaced, or simply dropped. The Beryl team has put in numerous hours to bring you this release. It’s filled with fun, eye-candy, better user support, new features, and most of all, stability. While Beryl has had numerous developer releases, known by their 0.1.X versions, 0.2.0 has been throughly tested by many more users.
Here is the list with the new cool features:
* New Plugins
- Thumbnail: Thumbnails on the taskbar (window list) which show a mini view of the actual window
- Snap: Allows windows to “snap” to each other, or provide edge resistance
- Opacify: Makes windows behind the active window transparent
- Group: Allows windows to be group, to easily switch between a set of windows
* New system requirements check
- The improved check has much better accuracy
- The check is a lot faster
* New Window Decorators
- Since 0.1, we have two new window decorators
- Heliodor: Uses metacity themes
- Aquamarine: Uses Kwin themes.
* Newly Rewritten Beryl-Settings
- Written in Python
- More user-friendly UI
- Better profile support
* New Translations
I am going to test as soon as I can. Enjoy.