Here are the release notes:
- New http://blip.tv/ uploading feature for movies and still frames! Watch a screencast for more information.
- Fixed audio handling on big endian CPU architectures (thanks, Pavel Fedin)
- Improved generic video import script when using mencoder: faster, no bulky intermediate file, less compatibility problem between mencoder and ffmpeg, and retains interlacing in ITU-R 601 sources
- Added support for X-Keys Editor USB Jog/Shuttle (thanks, Shawn Rutledge)
- Added support for Jog/Shuttle to FX (jog wheel and button actions that scrub only--no shuttle ring support)
- The USB Jog/Shuttle hotplug integration was changed to use udev. The new configure option is --enable-udev-rules-dir, which defaults to $sysconfdir/udev/rules.d/ The following configure options were removed: --enable-hotplug-script-dir, --enable-hotplug-usermap-dir
- Added private copy of ffmpeg source code for static linking with new configure options: --enable-local-ffmpeg(=yes by default), or --disable-local-ffmpeg NOTE: This option builds a statically linked, kino-specific version of the ffmpeg transcode utility named 'ffmpeg-kino' that is invoked by the Kino import script. ffmpeg-kino contains a bugfix for reading the audio on imported files. However, when --enable-local-ffmpeg=no, then the import script uses the normal ffmpeg found in the PATH.
- Updated Italian translation
- bugfixes, of course