I just installed this C++ IDE on my Gentoo desktop PC and I am quite impressed :)
First of all I want to note that the latest official/stable release is from Oct 25, 2005 - 1.0 rc2. But don`t worry :) The project is not abandoned and every day the publish something what they call "nightly builds". They are development snapshots of Code::Blocks in binary form. You can find them here.
The first time you start the Code::Blocks it "scans" your PC for any compiler installed and asks you which one to use if more than one is detected.
- GCC (MingW / Linux GCC)
- Digital Mars
- Borland C++ 5.5
- Open Watcom
- Syntax highlighting, customizable and extensible
- Code folding for C++ and XML files.
- Tabbed interface
- Code completion plugin
- Class Browser
- Smart indent
- One-key swap between .h and .c/.cpp files
- Open files list for quick switching between files (optional)
- External customizable "Tools"
- To-do list management with different users
Looks like a great IDE for now, but I am going to do more tests when I have more free time.