Download: Battle for Wesnoth
The Battle for Wesnoth is a free, turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures. It is available for Linux, Windows, MaxOSX, Solaris, BSD.
The Kingdom of Wesnoth lies in the center of the land. Its borders are the Great River to the north, the Lower Hills in the east and south, the Green Swamp to the southwest, and the Ocean to the west. Elensefar, a once-province of Wesnoth, is bordered by the Great River to the north, a loosely defined line with Wesnoth to the east, the Bay of Pearls to the south, and the ocean to the west. There is no government of the Northlands. Various groups of orcs, dwarves, barbarians and even elves populate the region. The northern and eastern borders are not defined, the southern border is the Great River, and the western border is the Ocean.
Version 1.2.5 fixes small bugs and updates some translations. Here is the new stuff:
- New and updated manual - Serbian
- Updated translations - Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
- Revised maps: Den of Onis, Hamlets, Meteor Lake, Sablestone Delta, Silverhead Crossing, Blue Water Province, Wilderlands
- User Interface - ability to view a list of MP servers with the Join Game dialog
- Corrected all wrong image references found via macroscope